Count It Coalition is a partnership between the Dallas Wings, Texas Legends, Dallas Mavericks and Mavs Gaming to promote greater civic engagement in elections, raise awareness and increase DFW voter access and participation.
REGISTER TO VOTE
- Register to vote in TX (must be postmarked by Oct 5): https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/forms/vr-with-receipt.pdf
- National voter registration form (instructions and deadlines included for all states): https://www.eac.gov/sites/default/files/eac_assets/1/6/Federal_Voter_Registration_ENG.pdf
As we head into our countdown until November 3rd, early voting starts mid-October in many states.
— Rock the Vote (@RockTheVote) September 3, 2020
WAYS TO VOTE IN TX
Request to vote by mail in TX
You can only vote by mail if you meet one of the following requirements:
- Out of the county on Election Day
- 65 years or older
- Confinement in jail
Steps to request a mail-in ballot in TX
- Complete the application for a mail-in ballot https://webservices.sos.state.tx.us/forms/5-15f.pdf
- Request must be submitted before Oct 23.
- You will receive a ballot by mail to complete and return on or before Election Day.
Early Voting In-Person
- October 13- October 30, various sites throughout the county
In Person Voting on Election Day
- Find your polling location: https://teamrv-mvp.sos.texas.gov/MVP/mvp.do
- Polls open in TX from 7am – 7pm
HELP AS A POLL WORKER ON ELECTION DAY
- Tarrant County poll worker information: https://www.tarrantcounty.com/en/elections/education-and-training/poll-workers.html
- Dallas County poll worker information: https://www.dallascountyvotes.org/training-and-education/become-a-poll-worker/
VOLUNTEER ON ELECTION DAY
- Bring refreshments to poll workers and voters standing in line.
- Help shuttle the elderly and those without access to a car to a polling station.
- General Texas: https://www.votetexas.gov/index.html
- Dallas County: https://www.dallascountyvotes.org
- Tarrant County: https://www.tarrantcounty.com/en/elections/Upcoming-Election-Information.html
In addition to getting out to vote this year, make sure to take part in the 2020 Census! Tarrant County residents can complete the Census here.
There's still time to impact your community!
— Tarrant County (@TarrantCountyTX) August 24, 2020