Arlington, Texas (May 21, 2022) – The Dallas Wings (4-2) defeated the Minnesota Lynx (1-6), 94 – 78, at College Park Center Saturday night.
After being down by two at the half, Dallas took command in the third quarter by scoring 36 points, the most the team has scored in a quarter since 2018 and the second most scored in a quarter in the WNBA this year. The duo of Arike Ogunbowale and Marina Mabrey combined for 42 points, as Mabrey finished with a game-high 22 and Ogunbowale scored 20 while also dishing out seven assists, her season-high.
As a team, the Wings tallied 39 rebounds despite no player having more than five, the second most rebounds in WNBA history by a team without a player grabbing more than five.
The Wings next head east to face the Connecticut Sun (3-1) on Tuesday, May 24, at 6:00 p.m. CT.
- Marina Mabrey led the team with 22 points, Arike Ogunbowale tallied 20 points, the first time this season the duo have both had 20 or more.
- In her first game back with the team, Satou Sabally recorded 11 points and grabbed five rebounds.
- The Wings grabbed a season-high 39 rebounds without a single player grabbing more than five, the second most team rebounds in WNBA history without a player having more than five.
- As a team, Dallas held Minnesota to just four offensive rebounds, tied for the fourth fewest allowed in the WNBA this season.
- It was the first time this season that a team had 12 players play in a game.
- Dallas has made at least 10 free throws in every single game this season (17 tonight).
- Marina Mabrey has scored 10 or more points in every single game this season (tonight: 22).
- The Wings are now 2-0 in Commissioner’s Cup games.