Arlington, Texas – The Dallas Wings (13 – 17) overcame a 13-point deficit in the fourth quarter to defeat the New York Liberty (11 – 19), 77 – 76, Saturday night at College Park Center and secured the seventh seed in the 2021 WNBA Playoffs and will be making their first appearance in the postseason since 2018.
Wings guard Marina Mabrey paved the way for Dallas, totaling 21 points, tying a career-high with eight rebounds and added six assists. She was joined by Allisha Gray, who recorded her third double-double of the season with 13 points and 11 rebounds. Gray blocked the Liberty’s Sabrina Ionescu to seal the victory as time was expiring.
Second-year forward Satou Sabally returned after missing eight games and netted 13 points, including the final basket for the Wings with 38 seconds left to go in the game.
The Wings head to the desert to take on the Las Vegas Aces (21 – 8) on Monday, September 13. Tipoff is set for 2 p.m. CT on NBA TV.
- The Dallas Wings extended their WNBA record of consecutive games with at least five threes to 48 on a three pointer from Arike Ogunbowale with 2:45 left in the first half.
- Allisha Gray recorded her third double-double of the season with 13 points and 11 rebounds.
- Marina Mabrey netted 21 points, her eighth game with 20 or more points this season.
- Kayla Thornton netted 13 points and grabbed five rebounds. It was her 11thgame in double digits. Thornton recorded 11 of her 13 points in the fourth quarter.
- Satou Sabally returned to action and finished with 13 points after missing eight games, her 12thgame scoring in double digits in 2021.
- Arike Ogunbowale tallied 13 points, her 29thgame this season reaching double figures.