Arlington, Texas– The Dallas Wings fell to the Minnesota Lynx, 85 – 73, Thursday night at College Park Center in Arlington.
The Wings attack was led by Arike Ogunbowale, who extended her league-leading double-digit scoring streak to 49 games. She was joined by Satou Sabally, who scored 10 points in her first career game at College Park Center. Allisha Gray and Kayla Thornton also finished in double figures with 10 points.
The Wings pushed the pace, outscoring Minnesota 20 to 15 in fastbreak points and Dallas also outscored the Lynx on second-chance points, 16 to 13.
The Wings and Lynx will conclude a two-game series Saturday night at College Park Center. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. CT.
- Ogunbowale extended her league-leading and franchise record double-digit scoring streak to 49 games on a three-pointer with 6:31 left in the third quarter. She finished with a team-high 20 points, her ninth game of 2021 with at least 20 points.
- Sabally recorded her first basket at College Park Center on a layup with 8:14 left in the 1stquarter and finished with 10 points.
- Allisha Gray scored 10 points, crossing the double-digit scoring plateau for the third time this season and the second time since returning from the Olympic qualifiers.
- Kayla Thornton reached double-figures for the sixth time this season, netting 10 points.
- By grabbing six boards, Bella Alarie led the team in rebounding for the second time this year.