Phoenix, Arizona – The Dallas Wings (5-5) defeated the Phoenix Mercury (5-5), 77 – 59, at Phoenix Suns Arena Friday night.
Satou Sabally paved the way for the Wings, recording 17 points to go along with her six rebounds. Bella Alarie led the Wings efforts on the boards, registering a career-high tying nine rebounds. Dallas also recorded 40 rebounds for the fifth straight game for the first time in franchise history.
Arike Ogunbowale led the Wings in scoring for the seventh time this season with 20 points, her WNBA best eighth game of 20 or more this season. She also extended her league-leading double-digit scoring streak to 47 games with a three at the 7:55 mark of the third quarter. Moriah Jefferson also found her stroke from the field, scoring 11 points on five of seven shooting from the field.
The Wings next head to The Strip to take on the Las Vegas Aces. Tip-off is set for 5 p.m. CT.
- Ogunbowale extended her league-leading and franchise record double-digit scoring streak to 47 on a three at the 7:55 mark of the third period. She finished with a team-high 20 points.
- The Wings had a season-high eight players record a basket in the first quarter and posted the team’s highest first quarter lead of the season (23-12, 11 points).
- Sabally recorded 17 points to go along with her 6 rebounds.
- Moriah Jefferson set her season-high with 11 points.
- Bella Alarie tied her career high, pulling down nine boards to go along with her six points.
- Led by Bella Alarie’s nine rebounds and Satou Sabally’s six boards, the Wings recorded 40 rebounds for the fifth straight game for the first time in franchise history.