Brooklyn, New York – The Dallas Wings (1-2) fell to the New York Liberty (5-1) 88-81 in Brooklyn Monday night.
The Wings scoring effort was once again led by the Notre Dame duo of Marina Mabrey and Arike Ogunbowale, who scored 21 and 24 points respectively. Ogunbowale tied Dallas’s double-digit scoring streak at 40 while Mabrey reached the 20-point plateau in back-to-back games for the first time in her career.
Wings forward Kayla Thornton recorded a second straight double-double, netting 12 points to go along with a team-leading 11 rebounds. Fellow frontcourt members Isabelle Harrison and Charli Collier both managed to pull down five boards to go along with Harrison’s 11 points and Collier’s five.
The Wings next head to Atlanta to take on the Dream (1-2) Thursday, May 27. Tipoff is slated for 6 p.m. CT and the game will be streamed live on Bally Sports Southwest Plus.
• Ogunbowale extends her league-lead double-digit scoring streak to 40, tying Skylar Diggins-Smith for the longest streak in Dallas history. She finished with a team-high 24 points.
• Isabelle Harrison started the scoring off the Wings after getting her first start of the season.
• Ty Harris got her first start of the season, finishing with eight points, seven assists and three boards.
• Mabrey was the first one to enter double-digits and has scored double-digits in all three games this season and was the Wings leading scorer at halftime for the second straight game with 16. She finished with 21 points, the first time she has scored back to back games of 20 or more in her career.
• Thornton recorded a double-double for the second straight game, finishing with 12 points and 11 rebounds.
• Isabelle Harrison notched double digits for the third straight game, finishing with 11 points and five rebounds.