Arlington, Texas – The Dallas Wings (8-8) defeated the Washington Mystics (7-8), 85-74, at College Park Center Saturday afternoon.
The Wings were led by Arike Ogunbowale, who extended her league-leading double-digit scoring streak to 53 games early in the contest by scoring 14 in the first quarter. This was her highest scoring first quarter this season. She finished with a season-high 30 points, her ninth career game with at least 30 points. Ogunbowale also set a career-high with five steals.
The Wings also dished out 20 assists today, the fifth time this season they have recorded at least 20 helpers. After beating Washington, the Wings are 3–2 in games with at least 20 assists. In addition to the great passing, Dallas worked hard on the boards, grabbing 40 rebounds, which was the ninth time they have recorded at least 40 rebounds this season.
The Wings will remain at College Park Center and square off against the Chicago Sky for the first time in 2021 on Wednesday, June 30. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. CT.
- Ogunbowale extended her league-leading and franchise record double-digit scoring streak to 53 games on a three with 3:09 left in the first quarter. Her 14 points in the first quarter is the most she has scored in the first quarter this season. Ogunbowale finished with a team-high 30 points, her season high. It was Ogunbowale’s ninth game of 30 or more. She also added a career high five steals.
- The Wings held a double-digit lead at halftime for the fourth time this season (46-30). They are 4–0 in those games after defeating Washington.
- Satou Sabally finished with 12 points, tied a team-high with eight rebounds and added five assists.
- Kayla Thornton tied the team high with eight boards to go along with her seven points.
- Allisha Gray netted 14 points, her fifth game in double-figures this season and also added five rebounds off the bench.
- The Wings dished out 20 or more assists for the fifth time this season and are now 3–2 when they reach that mark.
- The Wings grabbed 40 boards, the ninth time they have reached the 40-rebound plateau this season.