Las Vegas, Nevada – The Dallas Wings (13 – 18) lost to the Las Vegas Aces (22-8), 85–75, Monday afternoon at Michelob Ultra Arena.
The Wings were led by Arike Ogunbowale, who tallied 23 points in her return to Las Vegas where she won the 2021 WNBA All-Star MVP award. She is averaging 20 points per game in Sin City this season and set her career high by grabbing eight rebounds.
She was joined in double-digits by Allisha Gray (15 points), Marina Mabrey (14 points) and Kayla Thornton (11 points).
The Wings return to College Park Center for Dallas’s final home game of the season versus the Los Angeles Sparks (11-19) Sunday, September 19. Tipoff is set for 4 p.m. CT.
- The Dallas Wings extended their WNBA record of consecutive games with at least five threes to 49 on a three pointer from Kayla Thornton with 42 seconds left in the first quarter.
- Arike Ogunbowale netted 23 points in her return to Las Vegas. The 2021 WNBA All-Star MVP averaged 20 points in Sin City during the 2021 campaign. She also grabbed a career-high eight rebounds.
- Allisha Gray tallied 15 points, reaching double-digits in her fourth straight game.
- Kayla Thornton netted 11 points, her 12thgame in double figures.
- Marina Mabrey racked up 14 points and dished out a career-high tying seven assists.
- Rookie’s Charli Collier and Awak Kuier combined for 13 of the teams 40 rebounds. It is the 14thtime this season Dallas has grabbed at least 40 boards.