Everett, Washington – The Dallas Wings (2-5) fall to the Seattle Storm (7-1) 105 – 102 in overtime Friday night at Angel of the Winds Arena.
The Wings were once again led on the offensive side of the ball by guards Marina Mabrey and Arike Ogunbowale, who both scored more than 20 points in the same game for the fifth time this year. Mabrey led the team with 24 points, going four of eight from deep. Ogunbowale followed up with 22 points of her own, including four three-pointers, and a team-high eight assists. The Wings 102 points was the most points they have scored on the road since the team scored 117 points on Saturday, June 18, 2016 against the Phoenix Mercury.
In her first game of the season, Satou Sabally shined, recording 18 points and a team-high nine rebounds off the bench, including hitting a clutch shot with 7.9 seconds to send the game to overtime.
The Wings stay in Everett to take on the Storm on Sunday afternoon. Tip is set for 6 p.m. CT.
- Ogunbowale extended her league-leading and franchise-record double-digit scoring streak to 44 games with a layup at the 4:27 mark of the second quarter. She finished with 22 points.
- Mabrey dropped 11 points in the first quarter to lead the Wings, and finished with a team-high 24 points.
- Sabally recorded her first points of the WNBA season on a three at the 1:12 mark of the first quarter. She finished in double figures with 18 points.
- Allisha Gray recorded her first points since leaving for the 3 on 3 Olympic qualifiers with 46 seconds left in the first quarter.
- Yesterday’s first quarter was tied for the fifth highest-scoring quarter of the WNBA season, with the teams putting up a combined 62 points.
- The Wings 102 points were the most points they have scored on the road since the team scored 117 points on Saturday, June 18, 2016 against the Phoenix Mercury.