Dallas Wings WNBA Coach of the Year
From the grassroots level to the professional level, the positive impact that a coach can have on an athlete is undeniable. A coach’s role extends further than wins and losses; it’s about teaching life lessons and promoting the positive development of young people through basketball, helping instill a lifelong passion for the game and core character values.
The Jr. NBA Coach of the Year Award is a national award designed to recognize and celebrate youth basketball coaches in our communities that demonstrate outstanding integrity, character, and leadership – and in doing so have extraordinary impact on young people on and off the court.
Nominate a coach who you feel best exemplifies what it means to be a great coach and a positive leader on and off the court. Your nomination will help determine our Dallas Wings WNBA Community Coach of the Year Nominee to represent our community at the National level.
Who is Eligible?
Any youth basketball coach who coaches kids ages 6-18 in the Dallas Fort-Worth Metroplex.
Local Selection Process
Your nomination will help determine our Dallas Wings Community Coach of the Year Nominee to represent Dallas-Fort Worth at the National level.
National Selection Process
The Jr. NBA Coach of the Year Selection Committee will select the top 3 finalists from the pool of local Coach of the Year winners. All 3 finalists will be awarded a $2,500 grant to support their local youth basketball organization, as well as a trip to the Jr. NBA Leadership Conference in May 2019 where the National Winner will be announced.
The National Coach of the Year will also be awarded an additional $2,500 grant for local youth organization (national winner to receive $5,000 grant in total).
A Jr. NBA Coach of the Year does the following:
- Demonstrates what a positive role model should be beyond X’s and O’s
- Exhibits knowledge of the game through his/her understanding of rules, systems of play, and coaching philosophy
- Shows respect for officials, opponents, and parents
- Embraces a philosophy of fair play
- Demonstrates commitment to further development of the team and provide leadership for students on and off the court
- Goes above and beyond call of action to help his/her youth organization
- Contributes to his/her community at large, outside the realm of basketball:
- Participation in service organizations within the community
- Serve as a role model for young athletes he/she has coached